Competitive pressures, cost challenges, and increased customer expectations drive improvements in the way manufacturers develop, manufacture, and introduce products to the market. Whether cultivating internally-born ideas as an OEM or responding to customer requirements as an EMS, the manufacturing process is mission critical in reducing “time-to-market” and increasing your company’s success. Panasonic provides essential solutions for effective high-mix production:
New Product Introduction
Virtual PCB Inspector - Our software graphically overlays program data against board images to validate and adjust placement locations to help achieve "first time right" builds and preserve live components for production builds.
Panasonic Nozzle Kit - Assemble a vacuum or gripper nozzle, choose a pre-designed nozzle from our exhaustive database, or work with us as we design and locally manufacture nozzles to quickly handle your unique component mix.
Component Setup Options - Teach components online at the machine or use the offline component vision system to generate production-ready files remotely.
Quick-change Carts - Advanced, self-aligning feeder exchange carts with integrated fiducials and a self-locating cam system promotes quick changeovers without wasting time teaching pick positions.
Intelligent Feeder Anywhere - Using our multi-width, multi-pitch smart feeders, which can track usage, monitor conditions, guide changeovers, and prompt for maintenance, operators can efficiently set up the next build using open slots without interrupting the current production run.
Adaptable Production Scheduling Tools - Mix Job Setter (MJS) software tool optimizes production data to build schedules based on your requirements and available resources. Plus it shows you how to handle unexpected “hot” jobs effectively.
Auto Board Support - Eliminate operator error and time wasted manually setting support pins or plates with an automated pin positioning system that arranges pins based on bottom-side board program data.
Dual Lane Board Handling - This system allows you to build a product in one lane using the front side of the line while preparing the rear side for a new build – effectively a zero-minute changeover environment.
See these high-mix benefits in Panasonic solutions including the AM100 and NPM-W2 mounters, as well as our SPG printer and PanaCIM® MES system.
- Handle a part range from 01005 to 6” long connectors with a single placement head on panels up to 47.25” long (1,200mm)
- Numerous machine configurations for your application and budget
- Inherent capability for advanced processes like traceability and package-on-package
- Handle boards over 47” long at production speeds configured for your application
- Investment protection with options for advanced processes along with interchangeable heads for placement, dispensing, or inspection
- Common feeder technology with our award-winning CM Series and AM100 mounters
- Scalable, integrated, cost-effective PanaCIM modules cooperate to offer new levels of capability across your entire enterprise by solving top objectives in your organization
- Award-winning PanaCIM Express delivers production analysis and material verification, as well as production monitoring and dispatch without costly IT infrastructure investments or maintenance
- Complete MES Solution for manufacturing developed and supported in the US, and deployed globally to provide the right information at the right time to decision makers